Working at Paystri
When you arrive at the office, are you excited about the day ahead? Do you want to see your work make a direct impact on the business and the success of its customers? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, with a top-tier team, as part of a growing company? If so, Paystri is the place for you.
At Paystri, we're uniquely focused on the entire customer journey. We partner with customers each and every step of the way to ensure comprehensive satisfaction and success. Paystri is actively seeking a talented, highly motivated Senior Vice President of Sales to join our team.
The Senior Vice President of Sales' mission is to build a B2B channel sales team focused entirely on partnerships with software platforms. These platforms have payments integrated into their software and anywhere from 200 to 3,000 users. This leadership team position will require the skills needed to attract, hire, and motivate a team of top sales producers. An A-player will thrive in this position by having a measurable and significant impact on the revenue and profit of the company.
- You're persistent, articulate, and an energetic sales leader with a strong focus on hiring A-players.
- You're a builder of alliances with superb presentation skills.
- You're one-part relationship builder, one-part persistent, and two-parts roll up your sleeves and get it done!
- You're a revenue and profit driven sales leader and team player.
- You pursue channel sales strategies resulting in performance and buzz around the sales team, the company, and the Paystri brand.
- You're respected in your current role and your transition to Paystri will enable you to create a bigger impact by working with a leadership team and influencing the direction and success of the company.
- You're honest, hard-working, and have a high level of integrity. You have achieved excellence in your career and are looking for the next challenge.
Ownership of Company Revenue Goals
- Exceed revenue goal.
- Exceed new partnerships goal.
- Exceed new customers goal.
Ownership of Software-Focused Channel Sales Team
- Hire A-player Business Development Executives (BDEs).
- Target vertically-focused business management software companies (ISVs) with 200 to 3,000 customers located in the United States.
- Close two to four partnerships per month per BDE.
- Hire BDEs with a proven track record and experience in payments.
Ownership and Expansion of Existing Sales Team
- Manage existing team of Business Development Representatives (BDRs).
- Hire three additional BDRs to target the customers of ISV software partnerships.
- Close 25 customers per month per BDR.
Ownership of Sales Strategy
- Align existing sales strategy with current landscape to ensure it meets strategic goals.
- Implement the Action Selling Philosophy.
- Implement the Multipliers Management Philosophy.
- Draw a line of sight from strategy to daily operations using metric-based approach to performance management.
- Define and target prospective customers and partners by:
- Defining vertical markets to target
- Producing lead lists for Sales team
- Collaborating with VP of Marketing on lead generation
- Working with Partner Success to enhance output of existing partnerships focused on growth
- Refine Paystri's value proposition.
- Implement activity goals for pipeline size, calls, emails, meetings booked, etc.
- Set goals for each call or email (commit to a webinar, commit to a discovery call, agree to a sales presentation, etc.).
- Set best practice process expectations for sales representatives.
Ownership of Sales Recruitment
- Maintain a full pipeline of sales talent.
- Implement the WHO hiring methodology.
- Target and hire A-Players (we cannot achieve our goals with B and C-players)
Motivate & Inspire Sales Team
- Inspire others to achieve a shared objective.
- Create enthusiasm.
- Customize compensation to reward desired outcomes.
- Find what motivates the individuals on your team.
- Align individual goals with company goals.
Ownership of Training
- Create and standardize Sales orientation.
- Spend time in the field.
- Include Paystri employees, department heads, outside trainers, and vendors in training initiatives.
- Lead skills training including:
- Call planning
- Giving presentations
- Demonstrating products
- Overcoming objections
- Gaining commitments
- Taking orders
- Filling orders
- Own knowledge training including:
- Payments industry structure and transaction flow
- Competitive landscape
- Network fees
- API integrations
- SDK basics
- Solution engineering process
- Implementation process
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, screen-sharing software, HubSpot
Ownership of Data Driven Performance Management
- Measure and report back to sales and leadership teams on a regular basis.
- Measure output including revenue, new customers, partners, and sales volume.
- Measure input including calls per day, days worked, selling time, pipeline size, and close ratio.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to understand and control customer acquisition cost.
- Have regular thoughtful conversations with reps using relevant data to inspire, motivate, and focus.
What You'll Need
- 6+ years managing B2B and channel sales teams.
- A track record of exceeding your sales goals.
- Success and promotions in your previous roles.
- Experience using a sales process such as Action Selling.
- Ability to leverage tools like HubSpot and Salesforce to build and manage a pipeline.
- Writing skills to create proposals and presentations.
- Compelling in-person and web presentation skills.
- The ability to articulate how an API or SDK integrates software.
- An understanding of and ability to articulate how a business’s systems integrate (Business Management Software, CRM, ERP, Ecommerce platform, etc.)
- Payments industry experience is a plus.
Candidates provide resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org